We aim to ensure that our community increases steadily and represents the full diversity of life science core facilities in terms of expertise and geographical location. The CTLS Association welcomes members of all levels of seniority from both academia and industry.
We are working to steadily expand the association by increasing the number of active members each year. Achievement: 124 members at the end of 2020. 107 members as of 19th of March 2021. We are likely to surpass the number for 2020 very soon, well before the end of 2021!
We accomplish this by:
- Clearly defining and promoting the benefits of being a member of CTLS (see Join CTLS)
- Reaching out directly to core facility professionals that could become potential members
- Inviting current members to pitch CTLS at social, public and scientific conferences /events/meetings
- Using synergies with European projects and initiatives such as CatRIS and RITrainPlus to spread the word about CTLS and attract new members
- Engaging with other associations (in collaboration with the Networking and Outreach WG) to attract new members to CTLS (ongoing initiatives with EuroDoc, Alliance4Life, ARISE)
We are also working to retain existing members and we do this by reaching out to existing members and reminding them of the value of CTLS membership. We organize welcome events for new members.
Anna Kamenskaya, France
Patrick England, France
Name and country of all other team members
Marco Borra, Naples, Italy
Lola Martinez, Madrid, Spain
Catherine Naseriyan, Cardiff, UK
Thomas Trueb, Zurich, Switzerland
Leonor Heleno Wielgosz, Paris, France
Alexandre Jesus, Lisbon, Portugal