Why become a member of the CTLS Association?
- To be part of a pan-European, multidisciplinary, democratic and inclusive community of professionals focused on life science core facilities, research infrastructures and shared resource laboratories.
- To boost my career by participating in a thriving network of like-minded individuals
- To help my lab reach and maintain a cutting-edge level
- To discuss with my peers emerging methods and technologies
- To share best practice guidelines and take part in establishing community-wide standard operating procedures
- To help me translate my ideas into reality by sharing them in a favorable environment for their realization
- To gain privileged access and reduced fees for congresses, workshops and training events focused on topics relevant to my interests and needs.
What can I expect from CTLS?
- Access to a wide variety of relevant events, such as congresses, workshops, and training schools
- Access to members’only section of the website containing a large database, as well as useful documents and resources
- Favorable networking environment to foster joint activities and benchmarking initiatives promoted by CTLS members
- Information on career opportunities
- Assistance in quality assurance and certification procedures
- Useful information and assistance for the establishment of informal or formalized national and transnational Access schemes between CTLS laboratories
- Showcasing of the role of shared resource laboratories in research and innovation
- Critical mass for lobbying policy-making and funding institutions, agencies and organizations
- Anyone working in or with core facilities, research infrastructures and other shared resource laboratories in any field of life sciences and biomedicine, and in whatever context (non-profit research organization, industrial or contract research organization, administrative entity , …)
- Anyone with an interest in promoting, supporting or developing what shared resource laboratories can offer, from services to innovative R&D and training support
Reduced fees are available for students and technical support staff (technicians) working in non-profit research organizations or infrastructures
Benefits of membership
- Reduced rates and priority registration at CTLS congresses and events
- Access to CTLS sponsored trainings at preferred rates.
- Networking opportunities with other core facility staff
- Access to CTLS webpages with news, job listings and event notifications
Members receive invitations to attend the CTLS Annual General Meeting and stand for election to the board and executive council.