In our research at core facilities, we work and interact with people coming from different backgrounds, cultures, disciplines, gender, personalities. It is enriching and can be challenging at times. Especially when diversity leads to misunderstandings that escalate and hinder our productivity and wellbeing.
How can we best address these situations? What are the skills needed to master these challenges? Are there strategies to turn diversity into an asset for our collaborations?
With this workshop, we will offer a safe and stimulating environment for sharing experiences on a collegial level so that participants can reflect on diversity in the research setting. We will include testimonials from senior core facility staff who will share their experience and use these case studies to generate a document of best practices that can be later shared with the community. Through raising awareness and providing concrete and applicable tools, we will empower participants to influence building an inclusive culture in their research environment.
The workshop will be conducted by 2 experienced trainers from the hfp consulting, and members of the Core Technologies for Life Sciences (CTLS) Association.
The workshop will take place in Dublin just before the CTLS 2023
- Understand what diversity and inclusion really mean and how it benefits science.
- Raise awareness of common biases in the workplace and how to constructively counter them.
- Learn from case studies what are the challenges and, at the same time, the value of a diverse research environment.
- Understand the skills and tools that are required to master these situations.
- Collect best practices on how to address diversity in a team and in collaboration with users.
- Generate constructive and creative ideas on how to get positive outcomes in challenging situations.
Any professionals involved in core facilities or research infrastructures (scientific and technical staff, administrators, managers, etc.) are welcome to this workshop.
There are limited spaces available for the event, up to 20 participants. Your registration will be reviewed and a limited number of registrants will be chosen. Please, add your motivation for joining the event in the registration form directly.
Registration is free at the following link: https://1ka.arnes.si/a/095aec39
Learn more about RITRAIN+